From Construction to Development
Massaro Properties history began in 1976, when Joseph A. Massaro Jr., a general contractor, was offered the opportunity to develop and build an office park now known as Robinson Plaza. Having no development experience at the time, Massaro Properties began developing and acquiring commercial real estate in Pennsylvania with great success.
Throughout the 1970s and 1980s, Massaro continued its acquisition and development of commercial real estate in Pennsylvania, Ohio and in New Jersey with the development of a condominium in Atlantic City – The Flagship. Like many of the developers in the late 1980s and the early 1990s Massaro Properties real estate holdings took a hit and value began to decline due to the real estate collapse. Eventually Massaro Properties sold or divested itself of most of its real estate holdings and was reorganized.
In 1996, Massaro Properties again began purchasing commercial real estate in and around the Greater Pittsburgh area. Currently, Massaro Properties owns, manages and leases approximately 500,000 square feet of commercial real estate in Pittsburgh’s CBD and the Airport Corridor.
In 2001 Massaro Properties expanded into brokerage. We began by concentrating on small and medium size businesses and we continue to build relationships within this niche market, which has often been overlooked by larger commercial brokerage firms. Because of our size and agility we are able to react faster to changing local market conditions and respond quickly to our clients. We understand the needs of customers like ourselves.
Massaro Properties began to develop once again utilizing the in-house architectural and construction services through its affiliated company, Massaro Corporation. Today, Massaro Properties has three business lines: development, brokerage and property management. It has the unique capability to provide turn-key development through Total Real Estate Solutions.
We exist to enable our workforce to reach its full potential; develop lasting relationships with our customers; and build stronger communities.
OUR CORE VALUES
- People: Our employees matter to us, and they matter to one another. Ensuring their safety and well-being is more important than anything else we do.
- Teamwork: We believe that working together for the betterment of the organization is the best pathway to individual success. We achieve our organizational goals through hard work, a commitment to excellence and maintaining an all-for-one attitude.
- Integrity: We are honest, we are fair, and if we make a mistake we do whatever it takes to make it right. Being ethical is the only way we do business.
- Service: We believe that our success is bound to the health of the communities in which we work. We are committed to volunteerism, diversity, environmental sustainability, and good corporate citizenship.
- Perseverance: We are committed to the long term sustainability of our company. No matter the odds, we stick together and we never give up.